taverna-dev mailing list archives

From Simone Bnà <s...@cineca.it>
Subject Re: atom feeds
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2016 14:25:51 GMT
Dear all,

I found out how to use feedparser in order to get the workflow UUIDs that finished.

Looking at the feedparser documentation, they said that there are two ways that feed publishers
can save bandwidth,
ETags and Last-Modified headers. I looked in the HTTP response headers but I did not find
them.

Is there a way to get only the feeds that have changed in order to save bandwidth?

Best regards,

Simone.

> Dear all,
>
> I read the following sentences in the documentation:
>
> The server also supports an overall Atom feed per user that allows you to find out when
your workflows terminate without having to poll each one separately. This feed is at https://«SERVER:PORT»/taverna-server/feed
(with the default web-application name). The feed is not available to anonymous users, and
will only accept updates from the internal notification mechanism.

> My question is:
>
> Which tool can I use to parse the ATOM feeds?
>
> I tried the feedparser python library without success.
>
> #!/usr/bin/python
> import feedparser
> d = feedparser.parse('https://user:pssw@host:port/taverna-server/feed')
> print d

What happens if you just try to open that URL in a browser?

> Any suggestions are welcome.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Simone.

Alan