taverna-dev mailing list archives

From "Donal K. Fellows" <donal.k.fell...@manchester.ac.uk>
Subject Server License status
Date Sat, 10 Sep 2016 09:38:48 GMT
I've been going through fixing most of the remaining issues with
licenses in the Server. This is highlighting the remaining known issues.
There might also be some other bits of images that aren't in this
analysis because RAT pegs them as binary.

SCHEMAS
-------

There are three externally-defined schemas present in the tree; the
licenses on these are NOT Apache:

    .../taverna-server-usagerecord/src/main/xsd/ur.xsd
    .../taverna-server-usagerecord/src/main/xsd/xmlds.xsd
    .../taverna-server-webapp/src/misc/xsd/persistence_1_0.xsd

I suspect that the persistence schema isn't required. I can't find
whether it is referred to from any other code; it might be a hold-over
from a period when the schema was difficult to access online.

The UR schema is defined by the Open Grid Forum and will be under their
license. It's “available” online, but only as PDF the last time I looked
(!) so it is copied here in order to make it machine-processable. The
PDF is at https://www.ogf.org/documents/GFD.98.pdf
There is a new version at https://www.ogf.org/documents/GFD.204.pdf
which we might consider upgrading to; that might even have an associated
online schema.

The XMLDS schema supports the UR schema, and is defined by the W3C. The
spec it refers to is https://www.w3.org/TR/xmldsig-core/ and is copied
here because of the W3C tarpit.

SUPPORT LIBRARIES
-----------------

Jquery. It's useful but awful. It's present in the code. It's quite
possible that it will be best to switch these to an online version
instead; I don't do very much with JS so I can't really comment all that
much.

    .../taverna-server-webapp/src/main/resources/static/jquery-1.8.0.min.js

.../taverna-server-webapp/src/main/resources/static/jquery-ui-1.8.23.custom.css

.../taverna-server-webapp/src/main/resources/static/jquery-ui-1.8.23.custom.min.js

It's also currently EXCLUDED from analysis by RAT because it makes the
tool have problems (due to the very long lines).

Donal.