taverna-dev mailing list archives

From Gale Naylor <Ga...@noventussolutions.com>
Subject Re: Website community updates
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2016 23:02:33 GMT
I like the changes! (Especially the Who Are We page and separators for the
web menu.) I also like the extended Incubator status.

I wonder if we need to have the incubator status on the Who Are We page? It
seems to me it's enough to put it on the home page.

https://taverna.incubator.apache.org/download/code/#contribute-to-apache-taverna
>>   instead of the confusing section
>>   https://taverna.incubator.apache.org/community/#contribute

I like changing the Contribute link to the download/code page. And I agree
that the contribute section on the community home page was confusing.

I reformatted the contribute section on the Community/home page to make it
less confusing (I hope). Let me know what you think about the change. (I
also put mailing lists/ chat/ report bugs in it's own section called How to
Communicate. Otherwise, it seemed like chat and bug reporting were a subset
of mailing list.)

If we create a separate page for How to Contribute would it include what's
on the home page and the download/code page? Would it be useful to add more
content about contributing workflows and hosting services, etc?

Do we have something written about "How to become a committer?" It seems
logical to me to put that information on a future How to Contribute page.

Thanks!
Gale