taverna-dev mailing list archives

From Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>
Subject Re: No apache License headers in taverna-workbench module
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2016 11:04:26 GMT
It should - if the script or maven plugin is able to cleanly remove
the old header. Gale has been looking into it:

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/aadbecf2693e9add9ce9bdd2b98cc3d6e8c10c9db66a9934c5426ff8@%3Cdev.taverna.apache.org%3E

(please join the petition to ban long URLs -
https://github.com/apache/incubator-ponymail/issues/113 :)

I think previously Dmitry updated the headers generally by manual
copy-and-paste.. is that correct, Dmitry - or did you have a script?

Perhaps a couple of seds also could work - but it's tricky as the
license header is multiple lines and not necessarily at the very top
of the file.

BTW - what is the "best" style for Java license headers?

For some reason I feel like:

/*
 * Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation ..
 * ...
 */
package org.apache.*;

/**
 * Foo thingie
 */
public class Foo

but I've found several templates that default to the "package" line on
the very first line.

One advantage of /*   versus /**   is that it won't mistakenly look
like JavaDoc - which could happen in package-info.java or indeed if
you put "package" line ABOVE the license header.

Your views folks? :)

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718