taverna-dev mailing list archives

From Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>
Subject Re: No apache License headers in taverna-workbench module
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2016 13:47:32 GMT
Thanks - I did something similar - although now it turns out the
"wrong order" with 'package' on top (that was easier with sed)

cd incubator-taverna-plugin-bioinformatics/
git status
git checkout master
git pull

# files that probably are OK
grep -r "Licensed to the Apache Software" . | cut -d : -f 1 > OK

# Find Java files - naive
grep -r ^package . | grep src | cut -d ":" -f 1 | grep java$  > CHECK

# Find the differences
grep -v -f OK CHECK  > MISSING

# Check there are not any nonsense here
head MISSING  | less

# Check the current file headers
xargs -a MISSING head | less

# Remove /***** sillyness
cat MISSING | xargs sed -i '\,^.\*\*\*\*\*\*.*, d'

 git diff
 git commit -m "Removed /*** comments" tav*
 git status

Now let's add the header.  I put the /* .. */  text in a file LICENSE-header.txt

vi LICENSE-header.txt
/*
 * Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one or more
 * contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file distributed with
 * this work for additional information regarding copyright ownership.
 * The ASF licenses this file to You under the Apache License, Version 2.0
 * (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
 * the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at
 *
 *      http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
 *
 * limitations under the License.
 */

cat MISSING | xargs sed -i '/^package/ r LICENSE-header.txt'

git diff
git commit -m "Added ASF license header" taverna-*
git push

# Tidy
rm CHECK LICENSE-header.txt MISSING OK
git status

But sadly this means the comment was added below the 'package' line..
Sorry about that.

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718