taverna-dev mailing list archives

From Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Taverna Mobile Release
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2016 01:54:09 GMT
Androids and folks,

There have been quite a bit of work on the Taverna Mobile over th
esummer, thanks to all of you!

I am wondering if we are now getting closer to a release? I don't
think we need to be too ambitious - but I agree we shouldn't let too
many things "hang in the air" either.

I don't know if Apache Software Foundation has ever done a Google Play
/ .apk release - so it might be worth asking on dev@community or
general@incubator about any tips on doing such a release.  I know ASF
has a Apple store signing thing - but not sure if there's something
similar for Android.

But if that ends up being tricky - I think we can still do a first
source release of Taverna Mobile - just to get a good milestone, and
so we can make a download page etc - even just a .apk file to
download.

We can also always do the Play upload "out of bands" as long as we are
careful with the Apache trade mark.

BTW Here's a walk-through I did with the 2013
https://github.com/myGrid/taverna-mobile (pre-Apache) prototype by
Hyde Zhang.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XChZv_nXRa8&list=PLs1PhQrR0xxH3j-f6FXU2cp9fBVTDrl6T

--