taverna-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Seaborne <a...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Podling Report Reminder - September 2016
Date Mon, 05 Sep 2016 16:16:25 GMT
[[ Ping mentors ]]

It would be better to report the state of the project (non-code)
particularly the swings in activity and the number of active committers.
  This will put you in a better position going forward.

Starting on the Graduation Maturity Assessment is good. The code really
does need to be clean before graduation and the table says the code
isn't clean.

One option is to move out code for now and bring it in, clean, as
time/energy permits later.  The project needs to be sustainable as a TLP.

Time-travel corrections below.

	Andy

>   As we an important point of Incubator releases is to ensure the project
>   understands the ASF release process, including release review and voting,
>   IP management and licensing compatibility; as well as accepting
>   contributions. We believe we have gained that after effectively 8
> software releases

In Apache-speak it was 3 VOTES : 2015-10, 2016-03, 2016-06

>   https://archive.apache.org/dist/incubator/taverna/source/
>   and 7 GSOC/student contributors.
>
>   We have however identified the need for a License Review of the remaining
>   git repositories that have not yet been formally released through the
>   Apache Incubator (e.g. to ensure ASF file headers), which we are completing at
>   https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TAVERNADEV/2016-09+License+review

>   Jun 2016: 347
>   Jul 2016: 221
>   Aug 2015: 170