taverna-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Williams <alanin...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Taverna License review wiki page
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2016 21:43:33 GMT
On 02-Sep-16 22:33, Gale Naylor wrote:
> I downloaded a zip of incubator-taverna-server from GitHub and ran the RAT
> check from the command line on each of the main and sub folders. It looks
> like almost all the files need a header.
>
> One if the files is the .opf.yml file, which contains references to
> mygrid.org.uk and taverna.org.uk.:
>
> name: Taverna Server
> vendor: The University of Manchester
> maintainer:
> name: Donal Fellows
> email: donal.k.fellows( AT )manchester.ac.uk
> platform: "Java 6+, Tomcat 6, POSIX"
> download: http://www.taverna.org.uk/download/server/
> # Really the documentation page as the overall home page is shared with the
> workbench but will do for now
> homepage: http://dev.mygrid.org.uk/wiki/display/taverna/Taverna+Server+2.4
> issues: http://dev.mygrid.org.uk/issues/browse/TAVSERV
> # Note, no anti-spam armouring required for this one
> support-contact: support@mygrid.org.uk
>
> I'm guessing this information needs to be updated, too?

It's possible that the opf.yml can be deleted. It contains (as far as I
know) information that is recommended by the Open Preservation
Foundation as useful metadata. I think this was done because one the
projects that Donal worked on, and developed Taverna Server for, was
called SCAPE and that project was associated with the OPF.

> Gale

Alan