taverna-dev mailing list archives

From "Donal K. Fellows" <donal.k.fell...@manchester.ac.uk>
Subject Notes on building Taverna Server
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2016 14:12:53 GMT
Now that we've got the Command Line to a good state, it's time to start
thinking about the next phase in our release plan, which is Taverna
Server. The majority of it can be just built directly, but there's a few
bits that are currently tricky.

So, here are my notes on the current status:

  * The overall Maven project is split into sub-projects. I find the way
    I get them into Eclipse is to check out the overall project from
    git, import the top-level project as a general Eclipse project, add
    the Maven nature to it, and then import the existing Maven
    subprojects from it (which might require deselecting the top-level
    project in the relevant part).

  * The taverna-server-usagerecord and taverna-server-client subprojects
    are not actually broken! They just needs mvn generate-sources
    running on them, and then Eclipse might need prodding to get it to
    use the generated sources.

  * The taverna-server-execution-delegate subproject IS completely
    broken. It depends on an API that has changed radically, and which
    isn't currently properly in use. I suspect we ought to just kill
    this code.

I'm having a few other problems right now with bits of the build, yet I
don't know yet what the cause is; my problems might actually be with my
local system configuration, so I don't know if there's a real thing for
anyone else to worry about...

Donal.