taverna-dev mailing list archives

From Gale Naylor <Ga...@noventussolutions.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Taverna Command-line Tool 3.1.0-incubating RC2
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2016 17:56:38 GMT
I finished reviewing all the file headers. Here is what I found:

-------------------
Non-ASF Copyrights
-------------------

1) University of Manchester copyright in taverna-provenanceconnector
files (see previous email).

2) taverna-execution-hadoop Crossproduct.java file contains copyright
by Adam Pingel and no ASF license.

     I know this is copyright is included in the top level NOTICE
     file, but doesn't it have to be removed from the Java file?

-------------------
Missing ASF licenses?
-------------------

1) Two README files without license headers:

/taverna-engine-rc2/taverna-prov/README.md
/taverna-engine-rc2/taverna-reference-types/README.md

2) One JSON file without license header

/taverna-engine-rc2/taverna-run-impl/src/test/resources/workflowrun.json

4) Miscellaneous text and html files don't have a license header.
(Also spring.handlers and spring.schemas.)
Are these not considered "code?"

Examples:
taverna-activity-archetype...goal.txt,
taverna-credential-manager...text.html,
taverna-prov...3a/3a82e39d-a537-40cf-91a0-2c89d4a2e62b.txt
taverna-prov...greeting.txt
taverna-prov...mimetype
taverna-workflowmodel-impl...package.html
taverna-reference-impl...spring.handlers (and spring.schemas)

5) Files in services subdirectories also do not have a license headers. Are
they exempt?

Examples:
taverna-credential-manager...services/
org.apache.taverna.security.credentialmanager.CredentialProviderSPI
taverna-dataflow-activity.../services/
net.sf.taverna.t2.workflowmodel.health.HealthChecker

Well. That was mind-numbing. Whew! Glad I'm done with that part.

Gale