taverna-dev mailing list archives

From Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Design and Implementation of Docker Activity Plugin
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2016 16:20:22 GMT
I think this is good investigation. I think prototyping with the REST
activity manually from the Taverna Workbench 2.5 is a good way to
learn about the Docker API. Perhaps you could share those experiments
on say myExperiment (if you have workflows) or in the Taverna wiki?

However I am not sure if the REST activity will work well within the
workflow for end-users, if the REST API calls to the Docker API gets a
bit detailed or have to sent with POST - as the user would then have
to create the JSON manually in a previous workflow step.

Also for the outputs, I would think a Docker Activity would output the
STDOUT/STDERR from the docker container, and perhaps a selection of
files from a configured /volume?  But perhaps I'm thinking too much
like the current Tool activity!

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718