taverna-dev mailing list archives

From Nadeesh Dilanga <nadeesh...@gmail.com>
Subject Design and Implementation of Docker Activity Plugin
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2016 03:44:18 GMT
Hi all,
@"Finalize Docker Invoke JSON format" we are finalizing the JSON for Docker
start and what input params required from workflow.

We decide to do some research on existing activity plugins as a starting
point on designing Docker Activity plugin. Initial suggestion was to check
out external-tool-activity or command line tool.

But given we can start Docker through REST, I had a look at the code of
taverna-rest-activity/RESTActivity.java. Seems we can reuse
org.apache.taverna.activities.rest.HTTPRequestHandler class and invoke
docker APIs.

RESTActivity will put the entire http response to the callback as follows.
So may be we might be able to extend this to achieve our requirement.  What
do you think about this ? Any suggestions ?

callback.receiveResult(outputs, new int[0]);

<https://github.com/apache/incubator-taverna-common-activities/tree/master/taverna-rest-activity>