taverna-dev mailing list archives

From Nadeesh Dilanga <nadeesh...@gmail.com>
Subject Finalize Docker Invoke JSON format
Date Sat, 04 Jun 2016 04:10:17 GMT
Hi all,
I am starting this thread to discuss and finalize the docker commands we
need to expose for client side(Taverna).

Latest stable docker remote API is version 1.23[1]. And it has several APIs
that can be useful.

The original JIRA [2] mentioned about the JSON format to a docker run. I
hope it meant about the docker config.json ?

Because, given we use remote APIs, I would like to know what are the
expectations are ?

1. Do we assume that Images are created and published to the registry.
2. Do we assume that docker container is created

Given #1 and #2 done, then we are talking about starting the
container(~docker run). If that is the case, when we use remote APIs we
only need following, and no need of a JSON:

Request: POST /containers/(id or name)/start
Response: HTTP/1.1 204 No Content

There are other responses too:

Status Codes:

   - *204* – no error