taverna-dev mailing list archives

From Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release of Taverna Command Line?
Date Thu, 28 Apr 2016 09:11:08 GMT
On 26 April 2016 at 22:39, Gale Naylor <GaleN@noventussolutions.com> wrote:
> Taverna Commandline README Questions:
>
> 1) Is the prerequisite of Java 1.7 still good?

No - fixed to 8

> 2) Should we delete the Nightly Build section since it deals with
> unreleased versions?

I've removed the section about nightly build downloads, and changed
the rest to describe use of SNAPSHOT dependencies instead. (This can
be relevant for someone who wants to test the commandline with their
own SNAPSHOT of say taverna-common-activities)

> 3) In the Running section: Should we take out the references to SNAPSHOT
> builds and any other prerelease references?

Done.

> 4) In the Building section: There is a statement "Note that this repository
> relies on other Apache Taverna modules …"
> Is this referring to taverna-commandline modules: -api, -common, -launcher,
> -product, or other Taverna modules?

It links to http://taverna.incubator.apache.org/code - specifically it
is all those above (taverna-maven-parent, taverna-language,
taverna-osgi, taverna-engine, taverna-common-activities).

I'm not sure what to call these units that we keep in each git
repository and release as separate src archives - as there can be
confusion with Maven Modules as you say.

> 5) Also, the README mentions a Derby server instance as well as the
> Credential Manager. Does this usage of the Derby server require an addition
> to the Export XML file?

Yes!

Basically the Command Line README Export would need to list all of the
restricted ones, as in the end it will gather all of it under lib/

-

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718