taverna-dev mailing list archives

From Edi KARADUMI <edikarad...@gmail.com>
Subject Adding geospatial services to Taverna
Date Mon, 18 Apr 2016 12:09:14 GMT
Greetings,

My name is Edi Karadumi. I am pursuing a Master Degree in Software
Engineering at the University of Manchester.

The aim of my dissertation project is to add geospatial services based on
The Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) standards to Taverna. Firstly, a
plugin that invokes and discovers OGC Web Processing Services (WPS) will be
implemented. Therefore, Taverna users will be able to discover WPS services
from a user specified wps server, configure it, and then execute it. The
project will be extended further to support OGC Web Map Servies and OGC
Sensor Observation Services.

A generic approach will be developed in order to support most of OGC
service standards. The plugin will be developed for Taverna 2.5, and after
that it will be migrated to the most recent development of Taverna 3.

If you are interested in this functionality, I welcome any
suggestions and, especially, offers to test my work

Kind Regards,
Edi Karadumi