taverna-dev mailing list archives

From Edi KARADUMI <edikarad...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding geospatial services to Taverna
Date Mon, 18 Apr 2016 16:11:32 GMT
On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 2:11 PM, Stian Soiland-Reyes <stain@apache.org>
wrote:

> Thank you for explaining your project!
>
> (BTW: Edi has already talked to me and Alan in person in Manchester
> about this work)
>

> I think it makes sense to start with 2.5 plugin as you say, and then
> adapt it for Taverna 3. This means you can try it out in a full
> workbench right away - as we have not yet release Apache Taverna 3
> workbench. Then you can update the code for 3.0 - the changes are
> mainly different package names and that it will run under OSGi rather
> than our own plugin system.
>

> Feel free to ask this list any questions during development of your
> plugin - I'm sure the other folk will also be able to help you.

Thank you

> You might also find it useful to follow this list as there are three
> potential Google Summer of Code students this year who would be
> developing Taverna and Taverna plugins as well (but for Common
> Workflow Language, Docker and Taverna Mobile)

I'm aware of that and I have been following your discussions.

> You'll probably find this tutorial useful for the Taverna 2.5 plugin:
>

> http://dev.mygrid.org.uk/wiki/display/developer/Creating+plugins+for+Taverna+2

I have already completed the plugin invocation and discovery tutorials. In
addition, I read the Development, releases and testing procedures tutorial.
Please feel free to suggest any other tutorials that might help.

> There is unfortunately not an updated plugin tutorial for 3.0 - which
> changes slightly how you do Activity configuration. If you keep your
> plugin using a Jackson JSONObject as a configuration bean - then it
> should be straight forwards to later update it for Taverna 3.

Ok. I will use JSONObject.

> Are you considering contributing your plugin to Apache Taverna? We
> would be very happy if you consider this - in which case I hope you
> would be OK to sign and send in a Contributor License Agreement to
> ASF:
>
> https://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt
>
> (You would need to send it to secretary@apache.org )

I am very happy to contribute to Apache Taverna.
Do they need a hard copy of the Contributor License Agreement?