taverna-dev mailing list archives

From Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>
Subject Re: GSOC 2016 projects
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2016 14:25:15 GMT
Yeah, I was not sure about how many subtasks the GSOC student would
want to go for - I propose  that the prospective GSOC students write
up a plan about which task(s) they want to focus on, and then we see
if we have enough mentors available - as we would need one unique
mentor per accepted proposal.

Who else would be willing to mentor a GSOC student? The "Run docker"
proposal should be quite independent as it's just a new Activity (it
would be up to the student ot learn docker! :-) - and likewise the CWL
Browse task (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAVERNA-880 ) which
Manamgoda has shown an interest in, is basically adding a UI thing to
the workbench.

If we have more than one student wanting to do CWL (Willy has shown an
interest in TAVERNA-900) and we have another mentor, then I can be the
mentor on the 'core' CWL proposal if someone else joins in.

Note: You don't strictly speaking need to be a Taverna committer to be
mentoring a GSOC student, as long as the Taverna community (and our
own Incubator mentors) are willing to vouch for you as being part of
the Taverna community.

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718