taverna-dev mailing list archives

From Nadeesh Dilanga <nadeesh...@gmail.com>
Subject GSoC 2016 Docker support for Taverna
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2016 05:34:36 GMT
Hi team,
I am Nadeesh, a final year undergraduate in Computer Science from Sri
Lanka.

I found Docker as an excellent solution for scaling, easy deployment and
obviously a hot topic these days in enterprises who want to implement micro
services based architecture/deployment for low footprint servers/services.

I presume the idea behind Docker support for Taverna is NOT from a micro
service standpoint, but more like from a packaging and deployment
perspective. Please correct me if I am wrong.

If that is the case, can you please clarify what is the current packaging
deployment model ? Like puppet for example. So that I can go through them
to understand how things works and then reuse or port those to docker.

Thanks

/nadeesh