taverna-dev mailing list archives

From Gale Naylor <Ga...@noventussolutions.com>
Subject Re: TAVERNA-867 doclint javadoc and Java 7 (was: Snapshot issue when releasing taverna language)
Date Tue, 02 Feb 2016 15:55:24 GMT
I'm looking at the readme files for Java 7 references. I found several in
taverna-databundle/readme.md, but they are not simple find-and-replace. For
example, "This API is built on the Java 7 NIO Files and the RO Bundle API,
which uses the Java 7 ZIP file provider to generate the Data Bundle." There
is also a Java 7 code sample. In addition, the file contains several broken
links, along with references to myGrid, which seemed out-of-place to me,
but maybe they are okay. If you give me some direction and help (e.g., for
the Java 7 code sample) I can make the changes. I'm including a list of all
the questionable (to me) items in order:

taverna-databundle/readme.md

(1) Says "build failing"? at top of readme

***********************
INTRODUCTORY PARAGRAPHS
***********************

(1) myGRID REFERENCE
Refers to myGrid data bundle requirements (
http://dev.mygrid.org.uk/wiki/display/TAVOSGI/2013-02+Data+bundle+requirements
)

(2) BROKEN LINK
"TestDataBundles.java" (
https://github.com/apache/incubator-taverna-language/blob/master/taverna-databundle/src/test/java/uk/org/taverna/databundle/TestDataBundles.java
)

(3) JAVA 7
"This API is built on the Java 7 NIO Files and the RO Bundle API, which
uses the Java 7 ZIP file provider to generate the Data Bundle."

(4) JAVA 7
"The class org.apache.taverna.databundle.DataBundles complements the Java 7
java.nio.Files API with more specific helper methods to work with Data
Bundles."

(5) BROKEN LINK
Broken "org.apache.taverna.databundle.DataBundles" link (
https://github.com/apache/incubator-taverna-language/blob/master/taverna-databundle/src/main/java/uk/org/taverna/databundle/DataBundles.java
)

****************
Building SECTION
****************

(5) JAVA 7
"should normally work, given a recent version of Maven 3 and Java 7 SDK."

(6) myGRID REFERENCE
Refers to "myGrid's Jenkins installation" (http://build.mygrid.org.uk/ci/)

(7) BROKEN LINK
Broken "databundles" link(http://build.mygrid.org.uk/ci/job/databundles/)

(8) BROKEN LINK
Broken "robundles" link(http://build.mygrid.org.uk/ci/job/robundle/)

(9) myGRID REFERENCE
Refers to "myGrid's snapshot repository" (
http://build.mygrid.org.uk/maven/snapshot-repository/uk/org/taverna/databundle/databundle/
)

(10) wf4ever LINK
"robundle" links to https://github.com/wf4ever/robundle, which says "Move
to Apache Taverna"

(11) myGRID REFERENCE
Says to download "robundle" from "myGrid's snapshot repository" (
http://build.mygrid.org.uk/maven/snapshot-repository/org/purl/wf4ever/robundle/robundle/
)

**********************
Example of use SECTION

(12) BROKEN LINK
Broken "org.apache.taverna.databundle.TestExample" link (
https://github.com/apache/incubator-taverna-language/blob/master/taverna-databundle/src/test/java/uk/org/taverna/databundle/TestExample.java
)

(13) JAVA 7
Code sample using "Java 7 style"