taverna-dev mailing list archives

From Gale Naylor <Ga...@noventussolutions.com>
Subject Re: Functionality in next release?
Date Wed, 10 Feb 2016 20:55:20 GMT
Thank you Ian and Dmitry! I have a few more questions. (And, thank you, in
advance, for answering my beginner's questions.)

Just to clarify, we are going to be releasing _Taverna Language_ soon, not
code from any other repository, right? (And the release notes will reflect
only Taverna Language functionality?)

----------
(1) Regarding saving workflow run provenance as workflow run bundle:
----------
    (a) Is there a tavlang convert command option that saves workflow run
provenance as a workflow run bundle, or are we saying, "the new
functionality provided by the tavlang tool saves ... provenance as a
workflow run bundle" ? (@Menaka)

    (b) The tavlang readme does not mention provenance at all. As a new
feature/ functionality, shouldn't it be mentioned? (@Menaka)

----------
(2) WSDL Support
----------
    (1) Based on Dmitry's additional information, I changed the WSDL
Support paragraph to read:

This release adds improved WSDL support using Apache Woden. The code has
two parsers (wsdl 1.1 based on WSDL4j and 2.0 based on Woden) that
implement a common interface (inherited from "wsdl-generic" based on AXIS
1.4). The service execution part is based on embedded JAX-WS API, but given
that this part is calling the abstract interface there shouldn't be a
significant change.

    (b) Open action? -- "Probably we should check a SOAP version, because I
think it's fixed to SOAP 1.1."

Thanks!

Gale