taverna-dev mailing list archives

From Gale Naylor <Ga...@noventussolutions.com>
Subject Re: TAVERNA-867 doclint javadoc and Java 7 (was: Snapshot issue when releasing taverna language)
Date Tue, 02 Feb 2016 17:27:00 GMT
Java 7 references, broken links, and other notes on taverna-robundle/
readme.md:

***********************
INTRODUCTORY PARAGRAPHS
***********************

(1) Java 7
"This API is built on the Java 7 NIO Files and uses the Java 7 ZIP file
provider to generate the RO Bundle.
The class org.apache.taverna.robundle.Bundles complements the Java 7
java.nio.Files API with more specific helper methods to work with RO
Bundles."

(2) BROKEN LINK
Broken "org.apache.taverna.robundle.Bundles" links to
https://github.com/apache/incubator-taverna-language/blob/master/taverna-robundle/src/main/java/org/purl/wf4ever/robundle/Bundles.java

(3) WRONG LINK?
"Taverna Data Bundles API" links to non-Apache repo, which says "Moved to
Apache Taverna."
(https://github.com/taverna/taverna-databundle)

***********************
Usage SECTION
***********************

(4) myGRID REFERENCE
pom.xml code sample says to add "mygrid-repository" and points to
http://www.mygrid.org.uk/maven/repository

(5) wf4ever REFERENCE
"robundle releases" links to https://github.com/wf4ever/robundle/releases

(6) myGRID REFERENCE
"myGrid's Maven repository" links to
http://repository.mygrid.org.uk/artifactory/mygrid-all/org/purl/wf4ever/robundle/robundle/

***********************
Building SECTION
***********************

(7) JAVA 7
"should normally work, given a recent version of Maven 3 and Java 7 SDK."

(8) myGRID REFERENCE
"myGrid's Jenkins installation" links to http://build.mygrid.org.uk/ci/

(9) BROKEN LINK
Broken "robundle" link to http://build.mygrid.org.uk/ci/job/robundle/

(10) myGRID REFERENCE
"myGrid's snapshot Maven repository" links to
http://www.mygrid.org.uk/maven/snapshot-repository/org/purl/wf4ever/robundle/robundle/

(11) myGRID REFERENCE
pom.xml code sample says to add "mygrid-snapshot-repository" and points to
http://www.mygrid.org.uk/maven/snapshot-repository

***********************
Supported bundle formats SECTION
***********************

(12) Question: Is Adobe UFC still relevant?
The readme link is redirected from "
https://wikidocs.adobe.com/wiki/display/PDFNAV/UCF+overview" to a general
support site: https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html#/top_products, and I
couldn't find anything when I searched for UFC..

Example of use SECTION

(13) BROKEN LINK
Broken "org.apache.taverna.robundle.TestExample" link to
https://github.com/apache/incubator-taverna-language/blob/master/taverna-robundle/src/test/java/org/purl/wf4ever/robundle/TestExample.java

(14) JAVA 7
Code sample includes Java 7 style ("// Or Java 7 style" + code)

--
Gale