taverna-dev mailing list archives

From Gale Naylor <Ga...@noventussolutions.com>
Subject Re: Taverna developer wiki?
Date Tue, 16 Feb 2016 20:02:35 GMT
I agree that a wiki-type approach (for internal/ in-progress work) where
everyone can edit directly would be best (and most efficient).

The Confluence wiki seems to be designed for what we want to do, although I
wish you could use Markdown. (I was hoping to create a personal space on
the wiki to see how difficult it would be to transfer the output to
Markdown, but I have yet to be able to create a space.) Even though this is
a WYSIWYG editor, couldn't we write it in Markdown anyway, making it a
little more difficult to read but easier to transfer?

Since using Markdown pages in the incubator-taverna-site has the same SVN
issues as raised in  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAVERNA-870,
would that create a lot more work merging the pull requests?

What would be easiest/quickest right now? The Confluence wiki? Maybe we
could live with whichever option for working on the release notes, and I
will try to look at Jekyll and Maven Site to see if I have any thoughts on
which one might be a good path for the future?

Gale