taverna-dev mailing list archives

From Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>
Subject TAVERNA-867 doclint javadoc and Java 7 (was: Snapshot issue when releasing taverna language)
Date Mon, 01 Feb 2016 17:01:04 GMT
Yes, I think ironically we need it to ignore some errors from Java 8's
javadoc - this came up as we were doing the 0.15.0 release of
taverna-language.

See also:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MJAVADOC-387

You can also enable it conditionally with <profile> based on the JDK
version like here:

https://github.com/jai-imageio/jai-imageio-core/blob/master/pom.xml#L195

If we do that we can keep 1.7 support - I mean if we really want to. :)

Alternatively I guess we can go through and fix the Javadoc warnings..

Some examples:

[ERROR] /home/stain/src/taverna/incubator-taverna-language/taverna-scufl2-ucfpackage/src/main/java/org/apache/taverna/scufl2/ucfpackage/impl/odfdom/pkg/OdfPackage.java:910:
warning: no description for @throws
[ERROR] * @throws Exception
[ERROR] ^

[ERROR] /home/stain/src/taverna/incubator-taverna-language/taverna-scufl2-ucfpackage/src/main/java/org/apache/taverna/scufl2/ucfpackage/impl/odfdom/pkg/manifest/OdfFileEntry.java:87:
warning: no @return
[ERROR] public int getSize() {
[ERROR] ^

[ERROR] /home/stain/src/taverna/incubator-taverna-language/taverna-scufl2-ucfpackage/target/generated-sources/xjc/org/oasis_open/names/tc/opendocument/xmlns/container/ObjectFactory.java:125:
warning: no @param for value
[ERROR] public JAXBElement<Relationship>
createContainerRelationshipsRelationship(Relationship value) {
[ERROR] ^

There would be quite a few warnings.. I wonder if the Doclint default
has changed with OpenJDK vs Oracle JDK or in different Java patch
versions, because if I try on my machine to remove the doclint setting
taverna-language still builds, using OpenJDK 1.8.0_72-internal on
Ubuntu 14.04.3/x64.

(I had to change to -Xdoclint:all to see those warnings)

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718