taverna-dev mailing list archives

From Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>
Subject Re: TAVERNA-867 doclint javadoc and Java 7 (was: Snapshot issue when releasing taverna language)
Date Wed, 03 Feb 2016 00:41:14 GMT
The UCF documentation even disappeared from adobe.com.. so it's good
we are deprecating it.  But still the taverna-scufl2-ucfpackage is
used by taverna-wfbundle (which should use robundle instead) - so it's
needed as an internal dependency.

On 2 February 2016 at 18:43, Gale Naylor <GaleN@noventussolutions.com> wrote:
> [...]
>>
>> ***********************
>> Building SECTION
>> ***********************
>>
>> (7) JAVA 7
>> "should normally work, given a recent version of Maven 3 and Java 7 SDK."
>>
>> (8) myGRID REFERENCE
>> "myGrid's Jenkins installation" links to http://build.mygrid.org.uk/ci/
>>
>> (9) BROKEN LINK
>> Broken "robundle" link to http://build.mygrid.org.uk/ci/job/robundle/
>>
>> (10) myGRID REFERENCE
>> "myGrid's snapshot Maven repository" links to
>> http://www.mygrid.org.uk/maven/snapshot-repository/org/purl/wf4ever/robundle/robundle/
>>
>> (11) myGRID REFERENCE
>> pom.xml code sample says to add "mygrid-snapshot-repository" and points to
>> http://www.mygrid.org.uk/maven/snapshot-repository
>>
>> ***********************
>> Supported bundle formats SECTION
>> ***********************
>>
>> (12) Question: Is Adobe UFC still relevant?
>> The readme link is redirected from "
>> https://wikidocs.adobe.com/wiki/display/PDFNAV/UCF+overview" to a general
>> support site: https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html#/top_products, and I
>> couldn't find anything when I searched for UFC..
>>
>> ***********************
>> Example of use SECTION
>> ***********************
>>
>> (13) BROKEN LINK
>> Broken "org.apache.taverna.robundle.TestExample" link to
>> https://github.com/apache/incubator-taverna-language/blob/master/taverna-robundle/src/test/java/org/purl/wf4ever/robundle/TestExample.java
>>
>> (14) JAVA 7
>> Code sample includes Java 7 style ("// Or Java 7 style" + code)
>>
>> --
>> Gale
>>

>> On Tue, Feb 2, 2016 at 8:18 AM Gale Naylor <GaleN@noventussolutions.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> In hindsight, I probably should keep all of the readme reviews as part of
>>> this thread. (Sorry for the duplicate email.)
>>>
>>> taverna-language-commandline/readme.md
>>>
>>> ***********************
>>> INTRODUCTORY PARAGRAPHS
>>> ***********************
>>>
>>> (1) "planned" and "work in progress" should change to reflect code is
>>> complete. (Mentioned in "functionality in next release" email.)
>>>
>>> ***********************
>>> License SECTION
>>> ***********************
>>>
>>> (2) BROKEN LINK -- have fix for this
>>> Broken "NOTICE" link (
>>> https://github.com/apache/incubator-taverna-language/blob/master/taverna-language-commandline/src/main/resources/NOTICE
>>> )
>>> ----- SHOULD BE:
>>> https://github.com/apache/incubator-taverna-language/blob/master/taverna-language-commandline/src/main/resources/META-INF/NOTICE

>>> Building and install requirements SECTION
>>>
>>> (3) JAVA 7
>>> "Java 1.7 or newer" -- change to "Java 1.8" ?

Error

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718