taverna-dev mailing list archives

From Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>
Subject Taverna developer wiki?
Date Tue, 16 Feb 2016 17:14:59 GMT
Hi,

Gale has drafted release notes on
https://galenaylor.wordpress.com/2016/02/01/draft-taverna-language-release-notes-2/

however I feel I want to 'edit' them rather than respond by email..

would it be more natural to edit this in a developer wiki?

We can ask to get a TAVERNADEV space at https://cwiki.apache.org/ ?

Alternatively we can do it as markdown pages in a folder under
https://github.com/apache/incubator-taverna-site/ (say a folder 'wiki'
or 'dev') - but sadly that's (currently) edited by SVN rather than git
- see also https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAVERNA-870  -- also
then non-committers can't contribute except by pull request.

One advantage of Markdown-in-folder the markdown files could be
directly transferable to the normal Taverna web-space, while the
Confluence wiki uses an internal WYSIWYG format which is harder to
move.

Note that I mean just for internal in-progress stuff, not
documentation for external users - although
that's a separate issue to try to transfer the documentation wiki from
http://dev.mygrid.org.uk/wiki/display/tav250 to Apache's confluence.
(This is a bit more work because of version mismatch)

(Ideally I would have preferred a GitHub wiki, but that would have
been hosted outside Apache's infrastructure)

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718