taverna-dev mailing list archives

From Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>
Subject GSOC2016 Taverna projects ideas?
Date Wed, 17 Feb 2016 00:57:10 GMT
The Google Summer of Code 2016 program has been announced:

https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/

I think it is not a big secret that Apache Software Foundation is also
this year applying to become a mentoring organization - and part of
that is to have a list of project ideas for prospective applicants.

The ideas must be listed before 2016-02-19 19:00 GMT (Friday!)

Basically to list an idea we just need to use the Jira label gsoc2016
and it is picked up centrally.

GSOC 2015 was very successful for Taverna, so I think we should apply
this year as well!

As the deadline is really close, I have already proposed two Taverna
ideas in our Jira:

* Common Workflow Language support -
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAVERNA-900
* Docker support - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAVERNA-901

Thoughts? Other ideas?

Feel free to add your own ideas or add yourself as a mentor!

Note that we need one unique GSOC mentor per approved project - if we
are lucky and get allocated any, that is :).

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718