taverna-dev mailing list archives

From Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Functionality in next release?
Date Mon, 15 Feb 2016 16:41:48 GMT
On 10 February 2016 at 15:38, Ian Dunlop <ian.dunlop@manchester.ac.uk> wrote:

> * "One new functionality of the Taverna Command Line is the ability to
> save the workflow run provenance as a workflow run bundle. **(From this
> link it looks like saving provenance is in Taverna Engine (?). Is this
> really part of the Taverna *Language release?)***"

Well, we're going to release more than just Language? Perhaps we shall
do the Language first, as it's just an update, and then
taverna-osgi/-engine/-common-activities/-commandline.

I think taverna-osgi is also ready to go right now (I just checked the
RAT as well) - so I propose to include it in the tavlang release vote
- then we have some time to get the engine/commandline sorted
as it might include a bit more work to check their NOTICE files.

Shall I prepare an RC and do a vote now?

> * "The OSGi support has been stabilized."
> Do we need a version?

Well, taverna-osgi version iss 0.2.1-incubating-SNAPSHOT - so it would
become 0.2.1-incubating.

> * "Activities - They are now maintained (??) separately as part of the
> Taverna Plugin Bioinformatics and Taverna Extras. (What does this mean?
> Will they be part of a future release?)"

> Are these part of "Apache" Taverna?? Or is it a "caveat emptor do what
> you want but you get no support from us approach". If we are not going
> to 'release' them then perhaps we should shift them out of the repo
> (unless they already have been).

Yeah, we don't want to promise too much about those at this stage..
it's more like "There they are, go have a look".

We perhaps want to mention those separately?

rshell-activity is in https://github.com/taverna-extras/
not tested beyond compiling - not part of Apache Taverna (License
incompatibility)

https://github.com/apache/incubator-taverna-plugin-bioinformatics
https://github.com/apache/incubator-taverna-plugin-component

are part of Apache Taverna - but they need some updating build-wise
before they can be released under ASF.

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718