taverna-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitry <redmi...@list.ru>
Subject Re: Functionality in next release?
Date Wed, 10 Feb 2016 15:56:19 GMT
Hello everybody,

> https://ws.apache.org/woden/ implies that it has wsdl2 support - is this
> true in Taverna??? - Dmitry/Stian any ideas.
Yes.
Basically the code has two parsers (wsdl 1.1 based on WSDL4j and 2.0
based on Woden) that implement a common interface
(inherited from "wsdl-generic" based on AXIS 1.4).
The service execution part is based on embedded JAX-WS API, but given
that this part is calling the abstract interface there shouldn't be big
difference... Probably we should check a SOAP version, because I think
it's fixed to SOAP 1.1.

Cheers,

Dmitry

On 2/10/2016 4:38 PM, Ian Dunlop wrote:
> [...]
> to 'release' them then perhaps we should shift them out of the repo
> (unless they already have been).
>
> * "Taverna Language is no longer compatible with Java 1.7."
>
> I guess we should say that you need Java 1.8.
>
> * NPE does equal Null Pointer Exception :)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ian
>
> On 01/02/2016 21:33, Gale Naylor wrote:
>> Here is a draft of the release notes based mostly on @stain's list:
>> https://galenaylor.wordpress.com/2016/02/01/draft-taverna-language-release-notes-2/
>>
>> @Stian, I'm a little confused because some of the information seems to
>> apply to more than Taverna Language. (See comments and questions in
>> document.)
>>
>> I also noticed in that Menaka's readme refers to the tavlang tool (or
>> whatever we end up calling it) as a "planned" part of Taverna Language and
>> as a GSOC "work in progress." These probably need to be changed to reflect
>> that is is finished and being released?
>>
>> "This is planned as a command line for the Apache Taverna Language, an API
>> for the Apache Taverna workflows.
>> This module is a work in progress as part of Google Summer of Code 2015."
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Gale
>> On Mon, Feb 1, 2016 at 3:23 AM Stian Soiland-Reyes <stain@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Right - we will need proper release notes, won't we. Let's see..
>>> (sorry, this is not formatted as release notes)
>>>

>>> The taverna-language release would be an update that fixes some bugs
>>> (TAVERNA-874) and adds the tavlang command line, which we should say
>>> was contributed by Menaka Madushanka, sponsored by Google Summer of
>>> Code 2015. Mentors - would that be appropriate attribution?
>>>

>>> The release of taverna-osgi, taverna-engine, taverna-common-activities
>>> and taverna-commandline would give you a Taverna 3.1.0 command line -
>>> which functionally is a follow-up from an earlier alpha-release before
>>> we went to Apache - see
>>> http://www.taverna.org.uk/developers/work-in-progress/taverna-3/ -- so
>>> in principle it is the same functionality, but now released by Apache,
>>> with a new license.
>>>

>>> Package names have changed to org.apache.taverna.* and the OSGi
>>> support has been stabilized. Source code has been reorganized - see
>>> http://taverna.incubator.apache.org/code/
>>>

>>> One new functionality of the taverna-commandline is the ability to
>>> save the workflow run provenance as a workflow run bundle - see
>>>
>>> https://github.com/apache/incubator-taverna-engine/tree/master/taverna-prov#structure-of-exported-provenance
>>> (TODO: Move this doc to the website)
>>>

>>> The new release would add Dmitris improved WSDL support using Apache
>>> Woden - Dmitri, is this change also giving WSDL2 support? What are the
>>> improvements here?
>>>

>>> I think it is fair to mention the functionality that is
>>> disabled/missing compared to earlier, I think these activities are NO
>>> LONGER supported (they were part of 3.0.a2)

>>> Soaplab