taverna-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Dunlop <ian.dun...@manchester.ac.uk>
Subject Re: Functionality in next release?
Date Wed, 10 Feb 2016 15:38:46 GMT
Hello,

Great set of notes, here are some of my observations.

* "One new functionality of the Taverna Command Line is the ability to
save the workflow run provenance as a workflow run bundle. **(From this
link it looks like saving provenance is in Taverna Engine (?). Is this
really part of the Taverna *Language release?)***"

I think the conversion tool is part of tavlang. So although the
provenance is created by the engine, the conversion is by tavlang.

* "This release adds improved WSDL support using Apache Woden. (Dmitri,
is this change also giving WSDL2 support? What are the improvements here?)"

https://ws.apache.org/woden/ implies that it has wsdl2 support - is this
true in Taverna??? - Dmitry/Stian any ideas.

* "The OSGi support has been stabilized."

Do we need a version?

* "Activities - They are now maintained (??) separately as part of the
Taverna Plugin Bioinformatics and Taverna Extras. (What does this mean?
Will they be part of a future release?)"

Are these part of "Apache" Taverna?? Or is it a "caveat emptor do what
you want but you get no support from us approach". If we are not going
to 'release' them then perhaps we should shift them out of the repo
(unless they already have been).

* "Taverna Language is no longer compatible with Java 1.7."

I guess we should say that you need Java 1.8.

* NPE does equal Null Pointer Exception :)

Cheers,

Ian

--
Ian Dunlop, eScience Lab