taverna-dev mailing list archives

From Gale Naylor <Ga...@noventussolutions.com>
Subject Trying to understand the big picture
Date Fri, 22 Jan 2016 20:57:31 GMT
Hi, all. I'm trying to map the release items (
http://taverna.incubator.apache.org/download/code/ - Source code
repositories section) with the overall architecture of Taverna 3 so I can
understand the big picture. I'm using the diagram from Stian's 2014-10-31
presentation (
http://www.slideshare.net/soilandreyes/20141031taverna3architecture) .

I have a couple of general questions:
1) Is this the right architecture diagram to use?
2) Does it make sense to map the git repos to the architecture elements?

If it makes sense to proceed, are these mappings correct?:
taverna maven parent -- Taverna Core?
taverna language -- Taverna Core?
taverna osgi -- Taverna Platform API (OSGI)
taverna engine -- Taverna Engine
taverna common activities -- part of Taverna Engine?
taverna commandline -- Taverna Command Line Tools (part of?)
taverna server -- Taverna Server
taverna workbench -- Taverna Workbench
taverna workbench common activities -- part of Taverna Workbench
taverna workbench product -- part of Taverna workbench
taverna plugin component -- part of Core: Activity Plugins?
taverna plugin bioinformatics -- part of Core: Activity Plugins?
taverna databundle viewer -- ??
taverna mobile -- ??

What about Taverna Player and Taverna Lite?

Thanks!

Gale