taverna-dev mailing list archives

From Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Proposed google hangout
Date Wed, 20 Jan 2016 14:58:39 GMT
Yeah, I think you can tick a button once you have started to record it
to Youtube, which I guess we should do for mailing list purposes. That
would give you also a corresponding Youtube live stream - but we
shouldn't be looking at that as then you can't talk.  (That is more
for like 10.000 followers kind of scenario)

If you are using Google Hangout for the first time in your browser you
will probably need to install a plugin. See
https://www.google.com/tools/dlpage/hangoutplugin

(From a phone/tablet it should be enough with the Hangout app)

You will also need a Google account to log in.

I understand if someone might have reservations (I certainly don't
like installing plugins), in which case you could resort to watching
the Youtube stream and text back on the #taverna IRC channel -
http://taverna.incubator.apache.org/community/irc  -- if anyone
prefers that, please say so in this thread so we know to watch the IRC
and can send the URL.