taverna-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Dunlop <ian.dun...@manchester.ac.uk>
Subject Re: Trying to understand the big picture
Date Mon, 25 Jan 2016 13:46:20 GMT
Hello,

I think taverna-language is part of the taverna-platform in this diagram.
taverna-mobile sits to the right of taverna-player.
I think taverna-common-activities is part of core since the engine works
without them (just doesn't have anything to run).
I don't think Taverna Player (or the Taverna Player Portal(?)) have been
moved to Apache (probably still part of mygrid
https://github.com/myGrid/taverna-player-portal) but they are still part
of the taverna ecosystem - we need to think about this. Not sure about
Taverna Lite and whether that is a 'real' product any more.
I think the diagram is useful as an introduction to all the components
and yes, it does make sense to map the repos to the diagram. One of the
hardest parts is trying to figure out how it all fits together.

Cheers,

Ian

--
Ian Dunlop, eScience Lab