taverna-dev mailing list archives

From Gale Naylor <Ga...@noventussolutions.com>
Subject Re: First commit
Date Mon, 14 Dec 2015 19:12:43 GMT
Hmm. https://svn.apache.org/repos/a
sf/incubator/public/trunk/content/projects/taverna.xml was NOT the file I
edited. (See next paragraph.) Am I supposed to be able to go the svn site
using the above link and edit the XML in the CMS from there? When I try to
edit that link (using the *Edit in CMS *bookmarklet) I get an error: *The
requested URL /redirect was not found on this server.*

This is the URL of the page I was trying to edit:
http://incubator.apache.org/projects/taverna.html. I followed the
instructions on http://taverna.incubator.apache.org/community/edit, which
say you can use the *Edit in CMS *bookmarklet from any Apache page. It did
work on the *About *page from the Taverna website, where I added my name to
the committer list.

Part of my earlier problem was I did not fully understand the editing
process and didn't publish my changes. But, the weird thing about
taverna.html is that in the production page I see my name at the bottom of
the table, but when I attempt to edit it (using the bookmarklet) I don't
see my name listed at all. Very strange.

I think I'll just let it be for now. But ultimately I'd like to understand
what's going on. At least I tested that I can make a commit.

Gale