taverna-dev mailing list archives

From Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>
Subject Re: NOTICE file
Date Thu, 20 Aug 2015 00:04:01 GMT
The Taverna Language Command Line tool would also include transitively
the dependencies of the rest of Taverna Language, so
their NOTICE should also be taken into consideration, and the NOTICE
of their dependencies again.

Luckily most of those dependencies don't have a NOTICE and even the
general one for Taverna Language we managed to shrink down to just:

Apache Taverna Language
Copyright 2010-2014 University of Manchester, UK
Copyright 2014-2015 The Apache Software Foundation

So for now I think that is the best NOTICE.. just copy NOTICE from the
top-level of taverna-language to
cmndline/src/main/resources/META-INF/NOTICE - and then as we go
through all the dependencies we can see if they have other NOTICEs
that needs to go in?

I know I know.. copy pasting is bad and this will be out of sync in
just 4 months time. But unfortunately that is where the "state of the
art" is with regards to NOTICE files :(

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718