taverna-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Release Apache Taverna Parent 1-incubating-RC3 Apache Taverna Language 0.15.0-incubating RC3
Date Wed, 15 Jul 2015 18:45:36 GMT
Reading this again, I believe we do not need to include the PAV
ontology notice lines (Apache license) as it had no such NOTICE file
upstream, and the copyright is also stated within the file.

I'll try to find the the older ODFDOM distro upstream to see if it
included a NOTICE file or not - they also have copyright headers in
file which is why I added it to NOTICE.  (it is also Apache-licensed)

Yes, it's embedded ODFDOM upstream -- this could in theory be adapted
from https://incubator.apache.org/odftoolkit/odfdom/ in the incubator,
but sadly it has a few custom patches that makes updating a bit
trickier. (Really it should be ripped out and replaced by the RO
Bundle API - that is the branch

On 15 July 2015 at 19:39, Stian Soiland-Reyes <stain@apache.org> wrote:
> extensively :-/
> On 15 July 2015 at 19:12, Pierce, Marlon <marpierc@iu.edu> wrote:
>> I am no wiser than http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html and
>> links. You have reviewed this?
>> Marlon
>> On 7/15/15, 11:39 AM, "Ian Dunlop" <ian.dunlop@manchester.ac.uk> wrote:
>>>Hash: SHA1
>>>So I guess we need Marlon or someone else more used these legal issues
>>>than us to have a look at
>>>and let us know if they are ok. Anything else that we were concerned
>>>On 15/07/15 16:36, Stian Soiland-Reyes wrote:
>>>> Right - check that the git repo now is finally OK legally (before
>>>> we make another RC!), and go straight for another RC4.
>>>> Martin's latest RO Bundle fixes (see various Jira emails) has
>>>> already been merged into master as well, so they would incidentally
>>>> also be included, which is good, but that is not the reason for why
>>>> we should drop RC3 - but to make sure the legal side is OK.
>>>> As for releasing Menaka's command line as a downloadable binary, I
>>>> think that could fit in an autumn release; it will take more
>>>> preparation time as we need to go through the legal stuff for its
>>>> embedded dependencies. (I think we might should help Menaka with
>>>> that)
>>>> On 15 July 2015 at 15:59, Ian Dunlop <ian.dunlop@manchester.ac.uk>
>>>> wrote: Hello
>>>> I think he means check that the licence, notice etc have been
>>>> updated in the repo then pull and create another release now.
>>>> Cheers,
>>>> Ian
>>>> On 15/07/15 15:44, alaninmcr wrote:
>>>>>>> On 15/07/2015 14:18, Stian Soiland-Reyes wrote:
>>>>>>>> I don't think we should need to wait for GSOC to end as it
>>>>>>>> would loose the momentum now.. it would also be great to
>>>>>>>> include all the fixes Martin Scharm also has included.
>>>>>>> I am not clear what you are suggesting.
>>>>>>> Alan
>>>Version: GnuPG v1
>>>-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
> --
> Stian Soiland-Reyes
> Apache Taverna (incubating), Apache Commons RDF (incubating)
> http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718

Stian Soiland-Reyes
Apache Taverna (incubating), Apache Commons RDF (incubating)

View raw message