taverna-dev mailing list archives

From Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Taverna Player Internationalization Issues
Date Mon, 13 Jul 2015 15:25:45 GMT
Our problem was I think related to the internal communication between
the WebDav, Portal and Server. It all worked fine when the interaction
server was set as 'localhost', but then the client would only work on
actually localhost - thus not on a real portal. Setting it as the
external host name (e.g. http://server1.example.com:8080/something )
did not work, as within the docker container for the portal, the
server is on the hostname "server" within the other docker container.
Thus requests would be seen as coming from "10.54.12.3" or whatever
Docker's internal network would have, which was not permitted by the S

It's hard to predict in advance from the Taverna Server docker
container what IP the other Portal container would get - supporitng a
subnet could work, but would need to list basically 10.0.0.0/8 etc. I
am not sure why the webdav could not be openly accessible (relying on
regular firewalls which with Docker is "nothing exposed").. is there
not an authentication code as well?

I don't think Finn reported this in Jira - do you think this is an
issue with the Server, Portal or the Interaction activity?

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718