taverna-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Brenninkmeijer <christian.brenninkmei...@manchester.ac.uk>
Subject RE: Taverna Player Internationalization Issues
Date Fri, 10 Jul 2015 08:10:15 GMT
I don't know if it is related but it is worth checking that the interaction screen is not hiding
behind another screen.

If you are like me and start doing something else while waiting for the interaction screen
it may not get or instantly loose the focus.

Try minimizing everything so you see only the background and for me in the past the interaction
was hiding behind something else.

Christian
From: Abraham NIEVA DE LA HIDALGA [abraham.nieva@uppuebla.edu.mx]
Sent: Thursday, July 09, 2015 10:30 PM
To: dev@taverna.incubator.apache.org
Cc: Alan Williams; Stian Soiland-Reyes; Finn Bacall
Subject: Taverna Player Internationalization Issues

Hi,

We have installed a customised version of the BioVeL portal which uses
Taverna Player to facilitate workflow execution online. Our aim is to
introduce the tool to spanish speaking users (biotechnology scientists
specifically).

The portal is available at http://lvbupp.at.uppuebla.edu.mx/.

Overall, the portal works and lets users execute workflows. However,
workflows with interactions seem to have problems. We have tested and found
two kinds of problems: interactions not shown properly and responded
interactions not being registered. In both cases, the problem is that the
workflow will not continue execution unless the interactions is responded
by the user and as a result the workflow cannot finish.

For an example of the first case,  we have tried running the "Bayesian
Phylogenetic Inference: Select Model For Me - Submission" workflow (
http://www.myexperiment.org/workflows/3410.html). The firs interaction
cannot be found so the popup shows a blank screen and the state of the run
reamins as "Waiting for user input".

For an example of the second case, we executed the "Matrix Population Model
analysis v12" workflow (http://www.myexperiment.org/workflows/3686.html).
The first interaction is presented correctly, After selecting values and
pressing on confirm, the popup shows the legend stages submited However,
nothing else happens, the popup stays on and the state of the run remains
"Waiting for user input".

In both cases, the runs stay on and is not possible to continue exevution,
consequently they must be cancelled.

I think the problem needs to be addressed by ensuring that Taverna Player
maps interaction URLs correctly so that the workers that poll the
interaction queue and Taverna server can detect which interactions have
been answered.

In the mean time ther should be a work around so that routes interpreted
correctly.

If any one has had a similar problem or is addressing a similar issue, or
knows of a workaround, please let us know.

Regards

Abraham