taverna-dev mailing list archives

From Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>
Subject Re: iwir and json export functions - Taverna language commandline tool
Date Fri, 19 Jun 2015 14:25:59 GMT
Ihis pull request changes many things at once which makes it harder to review..

https://github.com/apache/incubator-taverna-language/pull/3/files

I'm OK with the general changes, perhaps except for the
word-rewrapping of the Apache License header (try to leave it as-is),
and <systemPath>${project.build.directory}/classes/xstream-1.3.1.jar</systemPath>
- xstream 1.4.8 is in Maven Central and should not need any
<systemPath> hack.

I would need to ask for the more experimental iwir proposal
separately, especially as it pulls in IWIR-Tool.jar which is a LGPL
dependency. I do like the idea - but unfortunately LGPL  is
incompatible with Apache-distributed software:

http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-x

Are you able to work around this? Either by not depending on the IWIR
library for parsing (I believe it's just XML files?) or by having the
IWIR dependency <scope>optional</scope> and so that the user would
have to add it manually to a lib/ folder?

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718