taverna-dev mailing list archives

From Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Taverna Language 0.15.0-incubating RC2
Date Thu, 25 Jun 2015 13:42:47 GMT
the hard-coded versions in wfdesc are for sesame, right? They need to
be that particular version for Elmo compatibility - but sadly this
ancient Sesame is no longer officially available and needs to come
from the mirror in the myGrid Maven repository.  This is one reason
why I left wfdesc out of the normal build - so I would propose to not
review wfdesc.

Is there an easy way to exclude taverna-scufl2-wfdesc from this
release build at all? The release zip is build by the assembly plugin.

On 23 June 2015 at 15:24, Ian Dunlop <Ian.Dunlop@manchester.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> So based on Christians comment I had a quick look. In taverna-scufl2-examples junit is
4.4, commons-io is 2.1 and jaxm-imp is 2.2.4-1. In taverna parent they are 4.11 and 2.4 and
2.2.11.
> There is also io.airlift 0.7 in taverna-language-commandline with no mention in the parent.
> Taverna-scufl2-wfdesc has a few dependencies with version numbers.
> Is there a reason for all this or just an oversight. I'm actually impressed that there
are not more.

> Is this a good enough reason to delay an incubator release?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ian

inputs/outputs/run (DataBundle), as consumed and produced by the Apache Taverna workflow system.
The API includes support for working with Research Object Bundles, and loading/saving Taverna
workflows in different formats.

> The release candidates to be voted over are available at:
>
>   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/taverna/source/taverna-parent-1-incubating-RC2/
>   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/taverna/source/taverna-language-0.15.0-incubating-RC2/
>
>   SHA-1 checksums:
>   8199880048a59cde622e0caa24c3bc3d83bc5d5a
> taverna-parent-1-incubating-source-release.zip
>   7032e9d2be834f7c029aae562b62613481bf6939
> taverna-language-0.15.0-incubating-source-release.zip
>
>   MD5 checksums:
>   7f9b107b9f1dc0407783ac0ad484d6ea
> taverna-parent-1-incubating-source-release.zip
>   35d3085b596b2dd4b30a0234259efade
> taverna-language-0.15.0-incubating-source-release.zip
>

> Build the release candidate in the above order, using:
>
>     mvn clean install
>
> The release candidates correspond to the following git commits:
>
>   https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-taverna-maven-parent.git;a=commit;h=3ba669c78782d3fc3b548e2a512d201ee922b34a
>   https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-taverna-language.git;a=commit;h=3340e2090e604b40ac0b88675f57c1d12032d060
>

> Release candidates are signed with a GPG key available at:
>
>   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/taverna/KEYS
>
> A staged Maven repository is available for review at:
>
>   https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetaverna-1003/
>
> The changelog for this release is available from JIRA:
>
>   https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12318322&version=12332247
>   https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12318322&version=12332246
>

> Please vote on releasing these packages as:
>
>   Apache Taverna Maven Parent 1-incubating
>   Apache Taverna Language 0.1.0-incubating
>

> The vote is open for at least 72 hours and passes if a majority of at least three +1
Apache Taverna PPMC votes are cast.

> [ ] +1 Release this package
> [ ]  0 I don't feel strongly about it, but don't object [ ] -1 Do not release this package
because...

> Anyone can participate in testing and voting, not just committers, please feel free to
try out the release candidate and provide your votes.

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718