taverna-dev mailing list archives

From Larry Akah <larrya...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: gsoc taverna mobile progress so far
Date Tue, 23 Jun 2015 11:41:07 GMT

> Hello,
>
> Thanks for the quick response. So it looks like everything is pretty much
> heading in the right direction. How often are you pushing to your github
> fork?

I push as often as i add a new module or functionality which means my fork
has the most recent code as with my local dev environment.

> It might make more sense if I run the code there rather than waiting for a
> pull request to the apache repo.

Sure thing.

> I'm still not sure why we need both the player and the server. Is the app
> using both of these?

Am thinking the workflows come from a server(maybe different than that used
by the player, but needs to be specified) and that the player just runs
them and sends results or feedback or the run process.

> I thought it was going to use the player to run workflows which means that
> the player will talk to the server directly.

I thought so as well but realised that the server could be different
depending on the organisation.

> I've asked Finn about myexperiment and unfortunately it does not have a
> JSON API so it looks like you will have to parse some XML. Sorry.

No problem i will look at that.

> The taverna player is a Ruby on Rails app which I guess will accept a form
> as input, there is no API as such just RESTful URLs. I recommend using the
> debugger in a browser to look at the network calls when you upload a
> workflow and emulate that using HttpConnection or similar to post a form
> with the same params. However, if the taverna player is using CSRF tokens
> then I'm not sure we will be able to use it. Has anyone checked this yet?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ian

Thanks