taverna-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Seaborne <a...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [] Release Apache Taverna Language 0.15.0-incubating RC2
Date Thu, 25 Jun 2015 16:45:24 GMT
> I'm sorry, I have not yet had time to do your suggested changes to
> NOTICE and LICENSE and the other comments. I agree that to reduce
> NOTICE and grow LICENSE is good.

Sympathies - finding time is hard! (especially when it's sunny which is
is here ATM).  There is always the option of a quick message to say "ack
(PS I am time-poor at the moment)"

> Considering also the other comments from Alan and Christian, would it
> be best to pull this RC and try again?

It is a hard decision between early/often and not incurring more work
overall.  It's always been a case-by-case decision for me.

There is a community decision as to quality/timeliness/work items done
vs postponed.

My personal advice (which you can ignore!) at this stage is do much of
it properly this first time - taking time now to get the release tidy
saves time overall.  Maybe identify the next RM, document the process,
split the workload.

	Andy