taverna-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Seaborne <a...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Taverna Language 0.15.0-incubating RC2
Date Sat, 13 Jun 2015 17:03:49 GMT
> Please vote on releasing these packages as:
>
>    Apache Taverna Maven Parent 1-incubating

+0 with comments.
   I'd like to see (1) fixed.

Checks done:
.asc : good
.md5 : good
.sha1 : good
maven build and verify ; good.

Needs correcting:

1/ The text in DISCLAIMER and NOTICE says:
"Apache Taverna (incubating) Maven parent"

Other points: (should be noted and fixed sometime):

2/ There should be a NOTICE file in git.
LICENSE and NOTICE go around in pairs.

3/ LICENSE removed the text "END OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS"
That is part of the license, to match text at the start so should be
included IMO.

4/ DEPENDENCES
If there is going to be a DEPENDENCES, it would be good to include junit
which is EPL.

Noted in passing:

5/ Can't checkout from URL in the email:
Better to use
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-taverna-maven-parent

6/ README.md is a github README.
e.g.Build status
so not focused on source-release.  Slightly confusing.

7/ pom.xml seems to have suffered reformatting.

8/ It build java tests!

Possibly because there is a maven-compiler-plugin etc in the build, not
just in the <pluginManagement> section, I get:

"""
[WARNING] JAR will be empty - no content was marked for inclusion!
"""
and there is a -tests jar even thouhg it's packaged as pom.

	Andy