taverna-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Haines <robert.hai...@manchester.ac.uk>
Subject Re: Taverna Server docker images
Date Fri, 12 Jun 2015 17:53:29 GMT
> Adding me (stain) and (fbacall) to the Taverna Docker Hub organization
> would be cool - Finn has just added a docker image for the Taverna
> Player Portal as well that could be added there.

OK done. I added you both to the "Owners" group so you can add more
people if needs be.

> I guess we better be careful to not brand them as Apache as Taverna
> Server 2.5.4 is pre-Apache, and the Taverna Player Portal is not (yet)
> part of Apache Taverna  .. so not sure about the legal route here..
> mentors?
>
> I'll try to update the dockerfiles and add them as automatic repos.
> Now of course there are two official Apache Tomcat images.. it's still
> not an easy choice!
>
> You can have one docker image version per branch/tag, so that would be
> the easiest way to have multiple versions.

I found that to be a bit clunky myself but they may have improved things
since I did it.

> Finn and I tested taverna/server, and wondered why you expose them as
> http://localhost:8080/taverna-2.5.4 - given that each Docker image
> would just run one single Taverna Server, why not install it as
> ROOT.war?

If you install it as ROOT.war then you may limit what others can do with
your dockerfile if they want something else as the root app.

Rob