taverna-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Dunlop <Ian.Dun...@manchester.ac.uk>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Release Apache Taverna Language 0.15.0-incubating RC2
Date Tue, 23 Jun 2015 14:24:13 GMT
Hello,

So based on Christians comment I had a quick look. In taverna-scufl2-examples junit is 4.4,
commons-io is 2.1 and jaxm-imp is 2.2.4-1. In taverna parent they are 4.11 and 2.4 and 2.2.11.

There is also io.airlift 0.7 in taverna-language-commandline with no mention in the parent.
Taverna-scufl2-wfdesc has a few dependencies with version numbers.
Is there a reason for all this or just an oversight. I'm actually impressed that there are
not more.

Is this a good enough reason to delay an incubator release?

Cheers,

Ian

-----Original Message-----
From: Christian Brenninkmeijer [mailto:christian.brenninkmeijer@manchester.ac.uk]
Sent: 23 June 2015 14:26
To: dev@taverna.incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: [VOTE] Release Apache Taverna Language 0.15.0-incubating RC2

I regret but I have to vote:
-1 non binding

My main reason for this is the existence of hard code depency numbers.
As we are using taverna parent to provided version numbers this should be done completely
consistant.
Some place hard coded numbers where found are taverna-scufl2-examples

Also several poms have hard coded number in the <build> section.
This is less critical but why not be consistant.

I also read comments regarding Licence, notice disclaimer ect which should be address in this
the first release.

On the plus side the code did build and test.

I noticed that Baclava support was still included and wondered why?
Should this package and the classes at the very least not be marked Depricated?

Christian