taverna-dev mailing list archives

From alaninmcr <alanin...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Regarding installation of Taverna Server 2.5.4
Date Wed, 06 May 2015 09:21:18 GMT
On 06/05/2015 05:45, Brijendra S wrote:
> Hi Stian,

Hello

> Thanks a lot for your support, After switching to insecure mode it
> worked fine. Now I am trying to deploy some workflow to Taverna
> server but it seems I will need client to access server i.e. "Taverna
> Player plugin for Ruby on Rails" but I don't have any idea about
> Ruby. Just want to know if there are any other way ie. in Java to
> access Taverna server and do all operations.

Yes. The Taverna Server can be accessed by a WSDL or REST API. See
http://dev.mygrid.org.uk/wiki/display/tav250/SOAP+API and
http://dev.mygrid.org.uk/wiki/display/tav250/REST+API

There is also a draft jar for talking to the server. I'll quote from
Donal's e-mail:

> http://repository.mygrid.org.uk/artifactory/libs-snapshot-local/uk/org/taverna/server/server-client/2.5.5-SNAPSHOT/server-client-2.5.5-20150425.104736-20.jar
>
> That should be a largely self-contained JAR (85kB) with a few external dependencies (org.jvnet.ws.wadl:wadl-core:1.1.6,
com.sun.jersey:jersey-client:1.8, commons-io:commons-io:2.4, org.apache.tika:tika-core:1.5,
com.google.code.findbugs:jsr305:1.3.7) which we don't include since we don't normally repackage
external libraries in the Open Source world.

> The above URL is not persistent; it is to a version that may go away without warning
(because we only keep a limited number of snapshot versions). I'm not sure how to generate
a link to the directory in the Artifactory tree.

> MAVEN INSTRUCTIONS
> ------------------
> DO NOT USE THESE IF YOU AREN'T USING MAVEN FOR THE REST OF YOUR CLIENT. THESE ASSUME
THAT YOU KNOW HOW MAVEN WORKS ALREADY; WE WON'T TEACH YOU THAT!

> It has the following Maven coordinates:
>
>   <dependency>
>       <groupId>uk.org.taverna.server</groupId>
>       <artifactId>server-client</artifactId>
>       <version>2.5.5-SNAPSHOT</version>
>   </dependency>
>
> And that will depend on you having the myGrid repository set up:
>
>   <repositories>
>       <repository>
>           <releases />
>           <snapshots>
>               <enabled>false</enabled>
>           </snapshots>
>           <id>mygrid-repository</id>
>           <name>myGrid Respository</name>
>           <url>http://www.mygrid.org.uk/maven/repository</url>
>       </repository>
>       <repository>
>           <releases>
>               <enabled>false</enabled>
>           </releases>
>           <snapshots>
>               <enabled>true</enabled>
>           </snapshots>
>           <id>mygrid-snapshots</id>
>           <name>myGrid Snapshot Respository</name>
>           <url>http://www.mygrid.org.uk/maven/snapshot-repository</url>
>       </repository>
>   </repositories>

I hope this helps.