taverna-dev mailing list archives

From Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to develop a plugin/ service
Date Fri, 24 Apr 2015 11:43:18 GMT
Hi,

Great to hear you are planning a plugin for Taverna!

The best starting point is probably this tutorial:

http://dev.mygrid.org.uk/wiki/display/developer/Creating+plugins+for+Taverna+2

It should be quite straight forward as long as you are able to build a
Swing GUI and call the underlying services separately from the Activity
side.

Deploymentwise you might get some issues with our plugin system depending
on the support libraries you use, but if you keep to non-complex
dependencies it should probably work.