taverna-dev mailing list archives

From Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>
Subject Re: woden vs woden-api
Date Tue, 31 Mar 2015 15:47:42 GMT
M9 is still released Maven-wise, the SNAPSHOT could break tomorrow and
is not a stable point release.  (You can hardcode timestamped
SNAPSHOTS, but it's not ideal, and the maven release plugin would
still bail out)

Would you be able to figure out which dependencies we need from M9?

Perhaps your code depends on something that has changed after M9, and
we would need to backdate it?

I think in the long run we should aim for your easyWSDL - is that a
library you would be willing to donate to Apache Taverna or release
separately to Maven Central from Github under a compatible license?

(Name check: http://easywsdl.ow2.org/)

On 31 March 2015 at 16:41, Dmitry <redmitry@list.ru> wrote:
> Well, they have no any release version.
>
> M9 is milestone version.
> https://ws.apache.org/woden/dev/1.0/milestoneplan.html
>
> It supposed to be a release 7 years ago.
>
> This situation was one of the reasons I developed "tinyWSDL".
> Other reasons was that tinyWSDL supports WSDL generation, something that
> woden fails to do.
> It also supports HTTP bindings (REST).
>
> In defense of woden I may say that parsing is quite robust and had no
> problems with it.
>
> tinyWSDL also has some issues with JAXB bugs:
> https://java.net/jira/browse/JAXB-918
> https://java.net/jira/browse/JAXB-935
>
> Hopefully these bugs doesn't affect SOAP bindings.
> For our internal JBoss server I use a patched JAXB versions.
>
> Another WSDL 2.0 parser - EasyWSDL just doesn't work.
>
> So we have a little choice here.
>
> D.
>

> On 3/31/2015 5:22 PM, Stian Soiland-Reyes wrote:
>>
>> do we need to depend on 1.0-SNAPSHOT? Then we can't release
>> taverna-common-activities until woden 1.0 has been released.
>>

>>                  <dependency>
>>                      <groupId>org.apache.woden</groupId>
>>                      <artifactId>woden-core</artifactId>
>>                      <version>1.0M9</version>
>>                  </dependency>
>>
>> does not exist.
>>
>> Might be worth checking on dev@woden how their progress is going..
>> (1.0M9 from last year is not even listed on their News list at
>> https://ws.apache.org/woden/  yet :-( )
>>

>> On 31 March 2015 at 16:12, Dmitry <redmitry@list.ru> wrote:
>>>
>>> <dependency>
>>>      <groupId>org.apache.woden</groupId>
>>>      <artifactId>woden-core</artifactId>
>>>      <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
>>> </dependency>
>>>
>>> works for me. at least dependencies graph shows that it is based on
>>> Apache
>>> XML Schema 2.1.1

(Or

--