taverna-dev mailing list archives

From Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>
Subject Re: woden vs woden-api
Date Tue, 31 Mar 2015 14:26:39 GMT
Ideally in the OSGi world you would let the final user choose - but I
think as wsdl-generic is meant to be a "WSDL in a box" library, then
I agree that we should also depend on the chosen implementation.

But if I add to
incubator-taverna-common-activities/taverna-wsdl-generic on the master
branch:

                <dependency>
                    <groupId>org.apache.woden</groupId>
                    <artifactId>woden-impl-dom</artifactId>
                    <version>1.0M9</version>
                </dependency>

then it's still not compiling:

[ERROR] COMPILATION ERROR :
[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
[ERROR] /home/stain/src/taverna/incubator-taverna-common-activities/taverna-wsdl-generic/src/main/java/org/apache/taverna/wsdl/parser/TypeDescriptors.java:[61,34]
incompatible types: org.xml.sax.InputSource cannot be converted to
org.w3c.dom.Element
[ERROR] /home/stain/src/taverna/incubator-taverna-common-activities/taverna-wsdl-generic/src/main/java/org/apache/taverna/wsdl/parser/TypeDescriptors.java:[109,38]
cannot find symbol
  symbol:   method getParent()
  location: variable element of type
org.apache.ws.commons.schema.XmlSchemaElement
[ERROR] /home/stain/src/taverna/incubator-taverna-common-activities/taverna-wsdl-generic/src/main/java/org/apache/taverna/wsdl/parser/TypeDescriptors.java:[111,48]
cannot find symbol
  symbol:   method getParent()
  location: variable xmlSchema of type org.apache.ws.commons.schema.XmlSchema
[ERROR] /home/stain/src/taverna/incubator-taverna-common-activities/taverna-wsdl-generic/src/main/java/org/apache/taverna/wsdl/parser/TypeDescriptors.java:[122,35]
cannot find symbol
  symbol:   method getParent()
  location: variable type of type org.apache.ws.commons.schema.XmlSchemaType

Is there something missing or wrong on the classpath here? How have
you got it set up in your dev environment?

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718