taverna-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitry <redmi...@list.ru>
Subject Re: Apache headers
Date Wed, 18 Mar 2015 13:57:30 GMT
Hello Stian,

> I think you argued earlier that wsdlgeneric is useful outside the WSDL
> Activity, and hence stays as its own module/package.
I have an experimental "wsdl-generic" which is based on XML-tree model
(directly based on XML Schema model) instead of splitters.
This package may be used as a stand-alone commandline tool for web
services execution.

Because Taverna is deeply based on splitters (I think not only GUI, but
also SCUFL2 (?)) I do not expect this branch be included into Taverna 3.0.

The question is about numbering. Once we change some package to
"org.apache.taverna.*" other modules must be also changed.

Regarding "wsdl-generic" we have:

2.1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT - the master (same as TAV 2.5)

Then I did (locally) just for development
3.0.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT - the same as 2.1.0 but with new
"org.apache.taverna.*"
3.1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT - WSDL4j + WODEN based parser (WSDL 1.1/2.0)
3.5.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT - XML-Schema based (no splitters)

I would like to put WSDL4j + WODEN based parser (WSDL 1.1/2.0)
as 3.0.0 incubating, so the first Apache release will have a new parser
(still with splitters, so no need to change UI).

I am ready to refactor modules as 3.0.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT changing the
package.
Just waiting the signal to start.

Dmitry

On 3/18/2015 2:32 PM, Stian Soiland-Reyes wrote:
> On 17 March 2015 at 16:18, alaninmcr <alaninmcr@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>>> I see there are many taverna pieces in incubator that are still in
>>> taverna's "uk" package.
>> They should all be changed to org.apache in the near future.
> Anyone can do this job, it's just a bit of labour in the Refactor menu
> in Eclipse (or similar).   Feel free to have a go!
>

> Package rename is easier to do in "leaf" modules like
> incubator-taverna-common-activities, as you won't have to update
> imports elsewhere (just remember to also update those spring XML files
> in src/main/resources).
>

> In earlier discussion (sorry, I can't find exactly which thread now)
> we discussed having "simple" package hierarchies which relate to the
> Maven artifact (but not necessarily to its Maven parent), with one
> optional more level. E.g.:
>
> org.apache.taverna.beanshell.BeanshellActivity
> org.apache.taverna.wsdlgeneric.soap.SOAPResponseParser.java
> org.apache.taverna.wsdl.WSDLActivity
>
> I think you argued earlier that wsdlgeneric is useful outside the WSDL
> Activity, and hence stays as its own module/package.
>

>>> I'd like to make two branches of "wsdl-generic":
>>>
>>> "3.0.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT" - the same as "2.1.1" but within
>>> "org.apache.taverna.wsdl.*" package.