tapestry-users mailing list archives

From Mats Andersson <mats.anders...@ronsoft.se>
Subject Re: Laggy response after a quiet time
Date Thu, 16 May 2019 07:38:00 GMT
Do you have some scheduled services that could eat memory? I would
suspect that the garbage collector is using most of that CPU. Monitor
the GC and how memory is used over time. Maybe there is a mismatch
between the memory configurations in Docker and the JVM.

It seems like it is repeatable, that is good for troubleshooting at least.

Mats

On 2019-05-16 03:33, JumpStart wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> My app is working brilliantly under load, but after a quiet time it can be very slow
to respond, leading our first user of the day to tap the same thing multiple times, and the
next thing you know is CPU hits 100% and is stuck there, and none of those requests returns
a response. Nor do any new requests return a response. Apache logs show that all the requests
time out after 60 secs, unanswered, and the health checkers start messaging the support staff.

> Has anyone else experienced this kind of thing?
>
> Perhaps it’s something to do with our infrastructure? We’re running Tapestry from
an EAR in Wildfly in Docker in an AWS EC2 instance. Also in that EC2 instance is Apache HTTPD
in Docker.